The other day I asked you guys if there was anything in particular you’d like me to bake and lemon themed things came up quite a bit. So, if you have a glorious bag of fresh lemons lying around then let me introduce you to these super fluffy and soft, slightly tart, but sweet Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting.
I had a bunch of beautiful lemons in my Munching Mongoose crate and some fresh farm eggs and milk, which I played around with in the kitchen and came out with these.
They’re super easy to make so give them a go if you have a free morning/afternoon 🙂
If lemon isn’t your vibe then check out a few more of my recipes below.
INGREDIENTS: Makes ±14 cupcakes
– 115g unsalted butter – room temp
– 200g sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp vanilla essence
– 190g all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 Tbsp lemon zest
– 80ml fresh lemon juice
– 120g unsalted butter – room temp
– 330g icing sugar
– 1.5 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with liners. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter & sugar together on med speed for about 2 mins.
2. Scrape down the sides & bottom of the bowl then add the eggs & vanilla essence, beat on med-high speed until combined. Set aside.
3. In a bowl place the flour, baking powder & salt and give it a quick mix. Then pop the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients & start to mix on a low speed, then add the milk, zest & lemon juice. Mix until combined. Do not over-mix this batter!
4. Fill each of the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way up with batter. Bake for about ±18 mins. When a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean they’re done.
5. ICING: In a medium-size bowl add your butter & icing sugar and beat with a handheld mixer for about 3 mins. Then add the lemon & vanilla essence & beat for further 2 mins.
6. Ice the cupcakes when they are completely cooled. Enjoy!