Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes anyone? Did I hear someone say yes, please? Well, then let me be of service 🙂
These super soft and yummy Chocolate and Banana cupcakes come with rich whipped Chocolate Ganache Icing and make such a delicious treat for any time of the day or night!
So if you have some ripe bananas lying around and don’t feel like another loaf of good old banana bread, then these guys are just for you.
These are in fact some of the softest cupcakes I’ve ever stuffed in my face, so trust me, you will want to make them and then make them again and again and again 🙂
If you’d like to try my Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Icing then just click here.
Or my recipe for the Best Vanilla Cupcakes Ever!! Then also just click click here.
INGREDIENTS: Makes ±12 cupcakes
-1 3/4 cups flour
– 3/4 cup cocoa powder
– 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt-
1 and a 3/4 cups sugar
– 2 eggs, room temp
– 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
– 1 cup room temp coffee, you can also just use water
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup veg or canola oil
– 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For the Chocolate Ganache:
-225 grams chocolate, chopped into small pieces
– 180 mls whipping cream
– 1 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C fan assisted (160°C not fan-assisted). Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt & sugar.
3. In another bowl whisk together the eggs, then stir in the mashed bananas, coffee (or water), milk, oil & vanilla essence. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & whisk, until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners, fill 3/4 of the way and bake for 22-25 minutes. I had mine in for just over 22 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. When they have cooled completely you can ice them.
1. Chop up the chocolate, place it in a bowl.
2. Heat your cream & butter in a small pot over a medium heat, remove it from the heat as it starts to boil then immediately pour the cream over the chocolate & allow it to stand for a min before stirring it with a spatula until nice and smooth.
3. When the ganache has completely cooled (you can also pop it in the fridge), using a hand mixer or wire whisk beat until soft and fluffy. Pipe or spread the icing onto your cupcakes.
4. Stuff your face.