The other day the folk from TABASCO® sent me a very nice parcel full of all sorts of TABASCO® products for me to play around with in the kitchen. So, I thought that because it’s getting a bit chilly outside I’d make a happy helping of TABASCO Tomato and Prawn Pasta With Whipped Lemon Ricotta.
And here’s the kicker, this tasty chilli-lemony dish not only hits the right spot come dinner time and you’re starving, but it also takes hardly any time to prepare. Yes, I know you know that I like saying this every time I post a recipe, but what can I say, I’m a huge fan of recipes that aren’t too fussy, but are too delicious – that makes perfect sense.
Just a quick side note: In terms of how (flavour) hot this dish is, well that all depends on you and your palette. You can add as much TABASCO® Garlic Pepper Sauce or the original TABASCO® Pepper sauce as your heart desires 🙂
Also, just a note on the pasta, I used angel hair pasta because it’s on the thinner side of life and holds the sauce so beautifully, but you can choose whatever type of pasta you like. Same with the vine tomatoes, if you can’t find them then cherry tomatoes will work perfectly.
Ok so enough chit-chat from me, let’s get to the good stuff!
INGREDIENTS for TABASCO Tomato and Prawn Pasta With Whipped Lemon Ricotta: Serves 2
– 250 grams angel hair pasta
– 250 grams prawns – I used de-shelled prawns
– Salted butter
– 250 grams vine tomatoes – sliced in half
– 2 cloves garlic
– A generous helping of TABASCO® Garlic Pepper Sauce
– Dash of sugar
– Salt & pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup pasta water
– 1/4 cup parmesan
– 1.5 teaspoons red wine vinegar
– 150g ricotta
– 1 big lemon
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook according to packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the water. Return pasta to the pot and add a splash of olive oil so it doesn’t stick together.
2. In the meantime in a frying pan on a medium-high heat add some butter and olive oil, your tomatoes, garlic, TABASCO® Garlic Pepper Sauce (add as much as you like), sugar, salt & pepper to taste. Pop a lid on this and allow the tomatoes to cook for ±8 mins.
3. Turn down the heat, remove the lid, add your pasta water, parmesan and vinegar, give it a good stir and allow it to simmer for ±5 mins.
4. In a separate pan on a high heat add a generous knob of salted butter and fry your (season with salt and pepper) prawns until pink on the inside and slightly browned on the outside. Once done add them to your tomato sauce and give it a stir.
5. Add your spaghetti to the tomato prawn mixture & mix well.
6. In a small bowl add 150 grams ricotta, juice from half a big lemon and a good dash of TABASCO® then give it a quick mix with a whisk and viola you have whipped lemon ricotta.
7. Get out 2 serving plates, add a generous dollop of whipped ricotta to the side of each one before adding an even more generous helping of tomato pasta next to it. Squeeze the other half of the lemon over the pasta and enjoy!