There is a lovely local company called Starling & Hero Bicycle Company. They upcycle bicycles and make them look like something you would probably shoot yourself in the face for, which wouldn’t be ideal because you wouldn’t be able to ride it, but you get what I’m trying to say.
What’s cool about Starling & Hero is that you can pick every part of your bike from what colour you want the seat, the fenders, the frame, then bell, if you want a wicker basket (obviously you want a wicker basket), you can together with them design the whole thing right off their site and then they take whatever you have given them, whether it be your old bike, or just a vintage frame and turn it into a shiny piece of magic awesome.
I have been chatting to them lately and seeing as it’s it’s nearly Christmas time and seeing as I have such amazing readers/followers who have supported me and my Lucky pony through so many blog posts, Starling & Hero, Lucky Pony and Wolves would like one of you to HAVE the beautiful limited edition Starling & Hero/Wolves Cafe upcycle that you are looking at right now. Yes this bike could be all yours.
Unfortunately this giveaway will work a little differently to the normal ones that I run, seeing as the prize is so physically big.
1. You can only enter if you live in South Africa, as I’m not sure how the blazers I would get it over to anyone overseas, so so sorry. Unless you come fetch it (for reals).
2. If you do win it and live anywhere other than Joburg where the bike currently lives, you will have to make your own plan to get it. Whether a friend picks it up from Wolves and sticks it on a plane with them to take it to wherever they’re going in the country (which is pretty easy to do), or your mom/uncle/cousin owns a courier company or a really big truck that they can use to transport it for you, you will have to make a plan.
3. All you have to do is leave me a comment and visit the The Starling & Hero site to see all the other cool bikes they have built.
4. If you Tweet or re-blog this post, which I’m hoping you will do, please will you include the links in your comment to me, so it’s easier to keep track of your entries.
5. The giveaway starts today and ends on the 16th of December, which is the last day Wolves will be open till next year. The Starling & Hero/Wolves Cafe upcycle will be hanging up in Wolves, so you can come and fetch it on that day or we will keep it for you for as long as it takes for you to make a plan to come and get it – nice hey?
6. Good luck and I would like to openly say from now, that I hate whoever is going to win this bike because it is flipping awesome. Love you guys.
Just by the way this is the frame I gave Starling & Hero. Did I hear you say ‘wow’? These guys are so good, so if you are looking for someone to vintage you up contact Emile on firstname.lastname@example.org