The other day I received the most amazing looking fillet in my The Good Meat box and I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it. How does tender Teriyaki Fillet Beef with Garlic Noodles sound to you?
This dish smacks with so many good flavours that it’ll have you going back for seconds and even thirds! It’s sweet, salty, garlicky and delicious and can be made in less than 20 minutes!
You will see that this recipe calls for Parmesan cheese, which I know sounds a bit bizarre seeing as the majority of the flavours in it are Asian, but trust me it just works and I don’t think this dish would be the same without it.
Here is a warning though, if you don’t like garlic or are a vampire, then I suggest you stay far far away from this recipe.
INGREDIENTS for Teriyaki Fillet Beef with Garlic Noodles:
– 3 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 7 fresh garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
– 3 spring onions thinly sliced
– Chilli flakes (optional)
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 300 grams noodles, we used angel hair pasta you can use egg noodles too
– 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced and fried, used as a topping.
– 400 grams fillet steak, or any steak you like
– 3 or 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, cook the noodles according to the package, drain and set aside.
2. While the noodles are cooking, get a pan and place it on medium-low heat. Add the butter, oil olive, garlic, chilli and spring onions and let them all infuse with the butter for about 8 minutes, stirring often. Everything in the pan should barely be sizzling. You don’t want the garlic to go brown.
3. In a small bowl mix together the fish sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar. When the garlic mixture above is cooked (so the garlic has softened) increase the heat to medium-high, then pour in this sauce. Let it all simmer together for about 45 seconds.
4. Add your cooked noodles and then sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, give it a good mix.
5. Let the noodles cook for a minute so they soak up all the flavours.
6. Slice your fillet up into even-sized medallions. Add some butter to a pan and let it get very hot. Place your medallions in the pan and fry them for a couple of mins on each side.
7. Pour in your teriyaki sauce make sure both sides of your medallions are coated in it. Cook your steak to your preferred liking.
8. Serve up a big bowl of noodles with a few pieces of fillets on top.
9. Top with fried garlic slivers and be prepared to get lost in a bowl of amazingness.