Today I thought I’d share my recipe for these Salted Butter Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies A.K.A. Lucky Ponies 🐴
These are chewy but soft and full of amazing tidbits like chocolate, pecan nuts and oats! Each bite is so full of goodness that it’s so hard to just stop at one! Luckily this recipe makes a good amount of these guys, so you can go in for a second or third very easily 🙂
They are also really quick to put together and require very little effort and time, so happy baking everyone!
INGREDIENTS: Makes ±25 cookies
– 205g salted butter – room temp
– 200g brown sugar
– 80g white sugar
– 2 large eggs – at room temp
– 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 2.5 Tablespoons milk
– 200g all-purpose flour
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– Roughly 2 cups whole rolled oats
– 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
– 160g chocolate chunks/chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C & line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a handheld mixer, mix the butter & both the sugars until fluffy, beat for ±2 mins.
3. Scrape down the sides of your bowl then add both eggs and mix. Add the vanilla essence & milk and then beat until combined.
4. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda & cinnamon. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
5. Add in your oats, pecans & chocolate chunks & give it a quick mix, don’t over-beat it.
6. Spoon about a tablespoon of dough, shaped like a ball onto your prepared baking tray, leave about 4cm between them so they have room to spread. Bake for ±12 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges & slightly soft in the centre. Let them sit on the tray for a few mins before you transfer them to a cooling rack.