I know that there are people out there that love Rooibos tea and people who hate it! I’m a huge fan, the smell and taste instantly make me feel all happy and all cozy inside and remind me of home and rainy afternoons…
So if you find yourself on the Rooibos tea flavoured side of the fence, then stick around because today I’m sharing a really simple recipe for a really delicious and soft Rooibos Tea Bread.
This recipe requires very little ingredients as well as prep-time and it makes the perfect loaf to compliment a spot of tea morning, noon or night.
If you have missed some of the latest recipes I have posted, then just click the links below 🙂
INGREDIENTS FOR ROOIBOS TEA BREAD:
· 2 1/4 cup flour
· 1 Tbsp Royal baking powder
· 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp ground ginger
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 cup oil
· 3/4 cup strong Rooibos tea
· 1/4 smooth apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift all your dry ingredients together in a bowl. Then add the sugar.
- Whisk the egg, oil, Rooibos tea and apricot jam together in a separate bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your mixture into a greased 22cm loaf pan and bake for ±45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave it in the loaf pan for a few minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with hot tea, butter and jam. Yum!