As promised here is the recipe for the Best Vanilla Cupcakes Ever! These fluffy and light cupcakes can be whipped up in one bowl and are super yummy. One of the things I hate the most is a dry cupcake with a sponge that makes you want to punch yourself in the face! These guys are the opposite of that.
They also pair so beautifully with that smooth chocolate icing I shared the other day on my Reels. I have included the recipe for that too (see below). This icing is velvety, smooth and just the right kind of decadent. Trust me when I say that these two things together are a match made in chocolate heaven!
In case you’re more of a chocolate fan here are some of my other recipes:
Best Vanilla Cupcakes Ever INGREDIENTS: Makes ±15 cupcakes.
– 187 grams or 1 and a 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 125 mls or 1/2 cup oil (I used canola)
– 195 grams white sugar
– 2 large eggs at room temperature
– 2 teaspoons or 10 mls vanilla essence
– 125 mls or 1/2 cup of milk mixed with 1 teaspoon (5mls) vinegar or lemon juice – let this mixture sit in a small bowl for 5 minutes before using it.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C then line a standard cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
3. In another large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the oil and sugar together then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl & then add the vanilla essence & mix again.
Then add half of the dry ingredients to the mixture and beat until just combined. Add all of the buttermilk, mix until combined.
5. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients and beat again until just combined. Do not over mix!
6. Fill your cupcake liners 2/3 of the way up. Make sure you don’t over fill them you don’t want them rising and spilling over the top.
7. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely before icing.
Best Chocolate icing INGREDIENTS:
– 170 grams chocolate of your choice, I use 70% Lindt chocolate
– 280 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
– 1 1/4 cups icing sugar (sifted)
1. In a bowl beat the butter and icing sugar together until smooth and creamy using an electric mixer.
2. In a separate bowl melt the chocolate either over a pot of simmering water or in the microwave a little bit at a time. Allow to cool slightly before using or else it’ll melt the butter mixture.
3. Add the melted chocolate into the butter/icing sugar and start mixing it immediately with an electric beater, beat until glossy and smooth. Use it to ice cupcakes or a 2-layer cake.