How does a tasty Peach Muffin sound to you right about now? I made these peachy suckers a few weeks back when I had some friends coming over for tea and I needed to make something that didn’t require 7 hours prep time and a million ingredients. This recipe called for fresh sliced peaches, but I didn’t have any so I used the canned variety and they turned out just fine, in fact I’m guessing that they probably helped with the moistness of them because of the syrup that they come in. I also added pecan nuts because I love the flavour they give cake.
I don’t know about you guys, but if I could bake all day long slash eat cake all day long I think I would. There is something so therapeutic and rewarding about baking and I guess it doesn’t hurt that at the end of the process you get to smash whatever you’ve made into your face. Maybe one day I’ll open a Lucky Pony cake shop where everything inside is edible, including the furniture (how this would work is beyond me, but this is my dream so what the hell) oooooooh that would be nice.
So here is the recipe, like I said they were dead easy and so nice with a hot cup of tea and a chat.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped up pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°. Spray and Cook your muffin tin, I managed to get 12 muffins out of this mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs, and sugar. Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture just until moist.
- Fold in the peaches and then spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for ±25 minutes (my oven is really hot, so I cooked mine for slightly less time) in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 1for 0 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Dust the tops with some icing sugar.