RECIPES

Tastes like nice

July 31, 2017

TASTES-LIKE-NICE-1-WEB

TASTES-LIKE-NICE-5-WEB

I’m so so excited and a little nervous to share this new project with you guys. I have been wanting to create a baking/cooking show with Nina James for the longest time. I love baking and so does NJ, which I’m so happy about because now I have a friend in the kitchen. At the end of last year, I thought about how cool it would be to start a little show where we make things together in our kitchen, I loved the idea of sharing recipes that were easy enough for anyone anywhere to make, even if they had never baked before!

Shane and I had chatted about it on and off forever and then one day we set up a camera and all the ingredients and started shooting. I’m not going to lie, it took a few tries before we figured out what we were doing and I still think we have a bit to learn, but we’re really proud of our first episode and I’m super excited to show it to you guys.

So here is episode ONE of ‘Tastes Like Nice’ which is all about how to make really delicious and super easy Rice Krispie Treats packed with chunks of dark chocolate, popcorn, rice krispies and gooey mini marshmallows.

Continue Reading…

Travel & Restaurants

Urbanologi

July 25, 2017

urbanologi-2

What do you do when you find yourself with two friends in a restaurant that serves Asian inspired fusion tapas made from freshly sourced Asian and local ingredients? You ignore the fact that your stomach is (apparently, but definitely not in my case) only the size of your fist and you order 13 dishes made up of all sorts of amazing things that will make your head spin with happiness.

Urbanologi is located at the 1 Fox Precinct in Ferreirasdorp smack bang in the middle of the Mad Giant Brewery. So not only do you get to enjoy the culinary masterpieces that come out of Chef Jake’s kitchen, but you get to wash it all down with some amazing locally brewed beer.

Continue Reading…

Travel & Restaurants

Rock-A-Baby 2017

July 20, 2017

Rock-A-Baby-2017-11

It is that time of the year again, the time where all the loveliest baby/kiddy brands from around the country get together in one glorious space and make all moms, moms-to-be and just about anyone in general who likes cute things ooh and aaa left, right and center.

The Rock-A-Baby 2017 opened yesterday and is set to run until this Sunday the 23rd of July. This time around it’s taking place in the ever delightful 44 Stanley which means that you will be surrounded by good restaurants and nice pretty courtyards for the kids to run around in. In the actual pop-up shop is made up of numerous tables and shelves of beautiful, beautiful,beautiful baby goods, luckily for me, I had two bags, a camera and a toddler to juggle so I couldn’t do too much damage on my credit card! There is also a very cool little play corner filled with the prettiest climbing apparatus (compliments of the team behind this pop-up the Kimmy and Bear girls, Alex, Cheska and Bailey – guys your designs are amazing) and activity tables for kids to let loose in.

Continue Reading…

COOL STUFF, GIVEAWAYS

GIVEAWAY: Faithful To Nature

July 17, 2017

Faithful-To-Nature-8

Faithful-To-Nature-1

There is a wonderful local site that I often order things off of called Faithful to Nature who sell authentically natural and organic products that have been personally checked by them, so that you know without a shadow of a doubt that every single thing from their wide offering has been checked to make sure that it really is as green and as safe as its manufacturers claim it is!

Faithful To Nature sells all sorts of awesome products and one of the things that I love the most about them is that most of their goods are locally made as they always try to support local where they can! Their products are cruelty-free and they do not sell anything that they suspect or are aware contain GMO ingredients. So whether you are looking for citrus scented organic dishwashing liquid; organic pumpkin seeds; an organic anti-cellulite cream; vegan nail polish or gluten free flour, you’ll be sure to find it here. They also sell homeware, things for your pets, gifts and the list goes on.

Continue Reading…

My Recipes

Hot Chocolate Cake

July 14, 2017

Hot-Chocolate-Cake

I’m guessing that 98% of you who read this post will agree with me when I say that cake is awesome and so is a good hot chocolate! The other 2% that don’t I’m also guessing have stumbled across my blog by mistake, whilst searching for talking mystical lucky ponies who they are convinced live amongst us and are biding their time before they take over the world.

Here and there on Pinterest I have been seeing quite a lot of something called a Hot Chocolate Cake which combines chocolate cake, chocolate-fudge-like icing, and marshmallow frosting together, which are all drool-worthy components so I was like I need to make me a Hot Chocolate Cake now. Cut to three failed cake bakes and two chocolate icing recipes later and finally I had managed to put together a Hot Chocolate Cake which I thought was worthy of the 98% of you who I know will love it, as well as the remaining 2% and their future leaders The Talking Ponies.

Continue Reading…