So last night I attempted to make Oreo bonbons, that’s what I’m calling them. They were super easy to make and they tasted delicious, so I’m giving this recipe two chocolate coated thumbs up. The only tip I would give is (which I got off one of this ladies other recipes) – place your bonbon on a teaspoon and dip it in the melted chocolate so that you coat the whole thing all the way round. And next time I’m definitely going sprinkle crushed Oreos on the outside. Yes.
° 1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
° 22g grams cream cheese (softened)
° 200 grams dairy milk chocolate
1. Finely crush seven Oreo cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and then stir in the softened cream cheese.
3. Next roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on a piece of wax paper.
4. Melt the milk chocolate (I used the microwave and checked it every 40 seconds) and then dip the balls into the chocolate, tap off any extra chocolate and then set aside on wax paper to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy.
Makes about 36 truffles.
Notes: I helps to freeze the uncoated balls for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart in the melted chocolate. If this becomes a problem, dip them in the chocolate, let dry and then dip again.