This year will be my second Mother’s Day. I’m not going to lie I’m really looking forward to the times when Nina James is going to come bearing gifts made from uncooked pasta, glitter and the overpowering but intoxicating scent of Pritt clear glue. I think things like that are so sweet. She’s still a bit young for such activities, I know this because we attempted to make a birthday card for Shane and it ended in her face covered in paint and macaroni all over the dining room floor. On the plus side though the pasta kept her occupied for a solid 20 minutes and Shane received a card unlike any other, it looked like someone had wiped their hands on it after falling into a puddle of grey mud.
In a few days it’s Mother’s Day, a day where you get to show your mom just how special she is and just how much you love her. So seeing as I am a mom I thought about what I’d like to get for Mother’s Day this year and then I remembered our awesome trip to Omega Luxury Mountain Retreat in Clarens just over a year ago. It was honestly one of the best weekends I’ve ever spent out of Johannesburg. These cabins are beautifully decorated, each one has a private deck and jacuzzi and they overlook landscapes that will have you crying into your pillow at night because you don’t want to close your eyes and go to sleep.
So I chatted with the lovely owners and told them how I would love to giveaway a 2-night stay at their beautiful establishment and guess what? They were only more than happy to make that happen and for the prize to be a 2-night stay (subject to availability) for four people in one of their brand new Deluxe Cabins worth over R3000!
Trust me when I tell you that you’re going to want to win this one. Scroll down for details.
This competition is open to absolutely everyone, it’s not just for moms. The only criteria are that you have to make your own way to Clarens and back.
Here’s how to enter:
- Like Lucky Pony’s Facebook page and Omega Luxury Mountain Retreat Facebook page.
- Leave me a comment here OR on my Facebook Page under this post telling me who you would take with you to Omega.
- If you Tweet or Facebook share this competition I’ll enter your name in again, just let me know in your comment that you’ve done so – here are our Twitter handles @miss_luckypony and @OmegaClarens
- This competition closes at 5PM on the 8th of May 2016 and I’ll be announcing a winner on Monday the 9th of May 2016.
- The prize is valid between any Sunday and Thursday night and is subject to availability.
Good luck and happy Mother’s Day week!