It’s almost that time of the year again, time to haul out the candy, the plastic spiders, the facepaint and your D.I.Y. Halloween costume making skills. We quite enjoy Halloween in our house and I have a sneaky suspicion that all the candy has something to do with it 🙂 This year I thought I’d share my top 5 best Halloween movies with you guys as well a super delicious and dead easy movie snack to go along with them.
I’ve gone pretty old school for the most part with my list, except for the new Addams Family movie which we saw the other night. The animation is so good! I often wonder what that sort of thing is going to be like in 10 years time if already it all looks so real.
As for the rest of them, they all hail from the good old 80’s and 90’s and are full of old-school nostalgia all wrapped up in a scary Halloween bow!
Let me know if you agree with me on my top 5 best Halloween movies:
° Stephen King’s IT
° Teen Wolf
° Nightmare Before Christmas
° The Addams Family (2019)
Man alive, I don’t know about you guys but IT was my all-time scariest movie back in the day but still, I insisted on watching it a few times over! Hhaha! I think that movie stuck with me throughout my teenage years.
In this post, I also thought I’d share a really yummy Halloween recipe/treat with you guys that involves chocolate, Peanut M&M’S, Skittles, pretzels and caramel popcorn. Sound like your kind of vibe?
You can also make yourself a batch of these Oreo Monster Pops.
· A big packet of Peanut M&M’S
· A packet or two of Skittles
· Half a packet of pretzels
· Candy eyes – you can get these from pretty much any baking store
· Caramel popcorn
· 90 gram bar of milk chocolate
- Melt the bar of chocolate in the microwave or in a heatproof boil over a small pot of simmering water.
- Once melted dip each pretzel into the chocolate and lay them down a wax proof piece of paper. Pop two eyes on each one to make a face. Give them a bit of time to set.
- For the caramel popcorn part, you can either use your favourite store-bought caramel popcorn, which equals super easy, or you can make your own. I bought a box of my favourite kind.
- Empty the caramel popcorn into a big bowl. Pour in the Peanut M&M’S and Skittles, give it a good mix.
- Then add your chocolate pretzel ghouls.
- Stuff your face!