I’m a huge fan of chocolate, it’s one of my favourite things because it always makes me feel so happy. I think about it every day and I more or less have it every day, it’s like one of my best friends who never says a word to me but is always the most fun to be around hehe. Oh man, now I feel like a chocolate, please excuse me while I go get one from my cupboard.
And I’m back…ok so as I was saying I love chocolate and I love baking with it because I think anything chocolate flavoured is a winner and no one ever says ‘Oh chocolate cake, no thanks!’ The other day I tried a new Cadbury Marvellous Creation flavour, their Popcorn Jelly Cola slab which flipping blew my mind. Only once before have I tried a chocolate with popcorn in it and I became an instant fan, but this one not only has popcorn in it but a hint of cola and then these amazing jelly popping bits and pieces. I think I may have just introduced you to your new favourite treat! Let me know if you’ve tried one already.
I’m always amped to bake or make new things that I haven’t tried before so I thought that I would attempt to make my very own sweet treat using this bar of chocolate, popcorn, rice crispies and marshmallows and then call them Angie’s Marvellous Crispy Treats That Will Make You Cry Happy Tears.
This is the first time I’ve made these squares and I must say I really like them. They are rich, gooey and crunchy and when you get a bite that has a good mix of everything in it, your mouth thinks it’s on a 50ft yacht in Ibiza living it up with Justin Bieber!
So here is what you are going to need other than a bit of self-control when they’re done:
5 x tablespoons butter
1 x slab of Cadbury Marvellous Creation Popcorn Jelly Cola flavour chopped up into chunks
8 cups, plus 2 cups of mini marshmallows
6 x cups of rice krispie cereal
3 x cups of popcorn
A few pieces of extra chocolate for melting and drizzling on top.
- Line a pyrex (I used one that was about 30 cm x 15 cm) with baking paper and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat melt butter. Once butter in melted add in the 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and popcorn until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Then stir in the chocolate gently so it doesn’t melt too much.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Best served on the same day, plus I’d like to see you try keep some aside.
As always please let me know if you attempt to make this recipe and if you liked it. I’d love to hear your feedback. Good luck.