This week I would like to introduce you all to Wesley Shankland, he is a friend of mine and one of the nicest guys I know. You may have seen his nice face around town, he’s currently on the cover of GQ, but old Wesley here is actually a qualified (as of yesterday) architect – Congrats friend. So I’m going to babble less and instead let him do some talking, take it away Wes…
Last weeks’s Levis and Me: Chamone van Zyl
Name: Wesley Shankland
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? Jozi, been here for 4 amazing years.
2.What do you do? Just qualified as an architect, 7 long years!
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? Getting stuck in snow on a mountain in Lesotho, while testing my mates russian Lada Niva 4×4. not equipped for that weather we pulled the car with with no gloves, sneakers and a rope for 2 hrs in knee deep snow, until finally an old man came with his truck and towed us out! yes we were the only 4×4 that attempted that route and yes we all thought we had frost-bite.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Christopher McCandless, one day I will live off the land in Alaska.
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? My mate Zak Venter has crazy style always influenced by what he wears. and I guess I can appreciate all styles anyone stylish and not over the top influences my style.
6. Would you rather the bottom half of your body constantly be river dancing or the top of half of your body forever be in mid-macarena? River dancing for sure!! Michael Flately’s got nothing on these legs!