Levis and Me time again and today I have the pleasure of posting about my beautiful husband Shane. Hee. I’m not going to ramble on about him and make everyone want to throw tea at their computer screen, instead I’m going to let him tell you a bit about himself. Cool.
Hello Shane, hello…
*Last weeks post – Roger Sivuyile Lupuwana
Check out Levis and Me: Andile Mbete on Andrew’s blog.
Name: Shane Durrant
Job: Barista (lol)
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? I live in Jo’burg, city of gold (teeth). I moved here after high school about 10 years ago from a small rural dorpie called Pretoria (shout out to Die Moot).
2.What do you do? Indie Rock Singer (www.desmondandthetutus.co.za) / Flat White Maker (www.wolves.co.za) / Aspiring Rap Megastar (soundcloud.com/_real_special_guests) / Dim sum over-seer (thegoodluckclub.co.za)
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? Back when we started Desmond & The Tutus, I had a very specific look in mind. It had to be t-shirt and skinny jeans (duh). But this is a good couple years ago and boys skinny jeans weren’t exactly common place. So, like many of our indie rock contemporaries, we had to make do with a pair of girls Levi’s. The fit was great but the fly was so small! One of the raddest things I have done in a pair of jeans – start a band with my buddies and play a gig to our friends (even if it was at the Blues Room in Village Walk).
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Any real jeans-connoisseur knows that a day isn’t enough, you need a fortnight at the very least to wear them in properly.
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? My darling wife Angie is certainly a beacon of light in the otherwise dark, hopeless hole that is my fashion sense.
6. Would you rather have white doves flying out from under your armpits every 17 minutes of every day or foul mouthed bears as legs? Definitely armpit doves. I’d hustle the bar circuit making bets with the locals. So when do I get my doves? Should I invoice you? Or will Levis send them to me directly? Let me know if I should collect or whatever, I’m easy.