This week as part of the Levi’s series I have the pleasure of introducing you all to the lead singer of Shortstraw, Mr Alastair Thomas. He sings good, he talks good and he would be willing to share his cabbage hands with the starving kids in Africa, what more could you want in a man?
*Last weeks Levis and Me: Ivana Raguž
*Andrew has a new person up his blog too, just click here.
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? I live in Johannesburg. I have called it home for 16 years. It is very homely. For a city.
2.What do you do? I do lots of things. Sometimes I edit things. Sometimes I direct things. Sometimes I sing things. Sometimes I just sit in bed and watch pirated episodes of sitcoms. Sometimes I drink beer. Sometimes I smoke cigarettes. I once had sex with a girl. That was the best.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? I watched Vampire Weekend in Amsterdam. That was pretty swell. Pretty sure I was wearing jeans.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? I would like to spend the day in Barack Obama’s jeans. Because he usually wears suit pants and I bet he gets up to all kinds of whacky stuff when he puts his jeans on. I dunno. Maybe Tom Revington’s?
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? Probably television.
6. Would you rather have full grown cabbages for hands or your feet grew out the side of your face? What kind of cabbage are we talking about here? Doesn’t really matter, I’d still do that one. There are starving kids in Africa, y’know?