Today our Levis and Me project I would like to introduce you all to Adi, a family member (RumdayIllovo) of mine and a super sweet lass. She is a talented art director and wardrobe stylist and she is yet another one that shares my passion for Ryan Gosling. I think if this man ever had to pop up on the streets of Illovo he would have some serious trouble coming his way. Shame.
We asked Adi a few questions so you could get to know her a bit better and we dressed her up in this super cool white denim Levis jacket for the shoot. I love this piece, it’s amazing!
In case you missed the Brothers Maponyane last week, just click here…
Name: Adi Koen
Job: Art director and wardrobe stylist
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? I live in Johannesburg and I’ve called it home for 25 years.
2.What do you do? I’m a freelance Art director and wardrobe stylist.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? I was shooting a commercial in Limpopo and had to a herd cattle across a riverbed before the sunset. It was wild!
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Can I live in Ryan Goslings jeans with him for a day? is that an option? would be the best flippen day EVER!
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? I’m a pretty practical girl who is always on the run and doing weird but wonderful things so this influences what I wear a lot. I don’t want clothes to restrict me in any way so i’m all about comfortable and simple clothes! But boy, oh boy do I like me some pretty vintage pieces.
6. Would you rather your skin be made of crispy bacon or sweet sweet pink Enterprise polony.? Crispy crispy bacon wrapped in more crispy bacon please.