When I say the word Nutella how does it make you feel? If you’re anything like me it makes you feel like you can bash through a brick wall if you knew there was a jar of Nutella waiting for you on the other side. There is just something about this stuff that truly makes a person happy beyond words, everything about it is just right the texture the smell and above all the taste. Like if perfect tasted like something it would probably be a jar of Nutella.
Now I know nothing will ever take the place of the genuine thing, but Nicole and I decided to try our hand at making our very own Nutella, ummm let me rephrase that, our very own homemade Vegan Nutella!
And any recipe that calls for minimal ingredients and effort is always a winner for me and this one literally uses three ingredients and requires one piece of equipment in the form of a strong blender, well you need that and then an extra strong willpower that prevents you from smearing this stuff all over your face while you eat it with your hands.
It really did take us less than 10 minutes to make this jar of happiness and happiness is exactly what it brought. This is a great recipe for a healthier version of one of the best treats around, so if you’re looking to do your body a favour make some! Enjoy.
· 1 Cup almonds
· 1 Cup hazelnuts
· 100 grams 70% Lindt dark chocolate
- Place the hazelnuts in a high-speed blender along with the almonds and pulse on high-speed for a couple of minutes until you have a nut butter, it should be runny and slightly oily on the surface.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of lightly boiling water.
- Pour the chocolate into your blender and mix until completely combined.
- You can store it in a glass jar in the fridge, the Nutella will firm up as it cools, but if you like it runnier you can always just heat it up. I heated mine in the microwave.