I have been wanting to go to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve for ages. I have double tapped Instagrams of this magical place and I’ve swooned over it online and finally I got a chance to spend a couple of days on this amazing piece of land in the heart of an ancient Milkwood Forest.
During our visit we got to stay at Grootbos’ beautiful Garden Lodge. The luxury suites are so nicely put together and every room within them has been considered and decorated with a more than tasteful eye. I was so impressed with all the personal touches, from the teddy bear they tucked into Nina’s bed, to the small Milkwood plant that they left addressed to Shane and I, so that we could take a piece of Grootbos home with us.
We had such a special stay, we ate like Kings and we were treated like Kings by all the staff, they were so friendly and helpful and so genuinely amped to do whatever they could to make our stay more enjoyable.
We spent 2 nights at Grootbos and we were spoilt rotten. We went on a guided tour through the Milkwood forrest, we had an epic picnic on the beach with a basket full of all sorts of treats, including 3 different meals for Nina James (so sweet of them)! I went on a horseback ride and was treated to the most beautiful views and I got to meet and chat to one of the owners Mr Michael Lutzeyer, who is an inspirational (and very energetic) man that isn’t just the head of this beautiful establishment, but also one of the driving forces behind all it’s amazing conservation and future building initiatives.
(The 3 photos above of the Forrest Lodge came from here)
I really loved my stay at Grootbos and I can’t wait to go back and do a few more activities that we didn’t have a chance to do this time around, like whale watching and the guided cave tour. They also have shark cage diving, which Shane kept telling me he was amped to do, but somehow avoided actually going through with it haha! Now that is something I would be way too scared to do, even though it would probably be so damn exciting. I would probably faint from anxiety before I even got my wetsuit on!
And speaking of exciting, I have some exciting news for you guys. Grootbos Private Nature Reserve has given me a two-night all inclusive 5-Star luxury stay in their one of their Forrest Lodge suites (which are beyond amazing) to give to one of you guys and a partner. In fact, just have a read below to see exactly what this prize epic includes:
- 5-Star luxury accommodation in freestanding suite
- Full access to lodge facilities
- Welcome drink served upon arrival
- Fresh fruit daily in suite
- Breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu
- Lunch buffet with light lunch menu
- 5-Course dinners
- Land-based whale watching tours (June – Dec)
- Horse riding for non- and experienced riders
- Guided nature walks
- 4×4 Flower safaris
- Beach picnics and walks
- Guided coastal tours
- Guided cave tours
- Guided bird watching tours
- Social responsibility tours
I have made it super easy for you guys to enter and I’m drawing a winner at the end of next week, on Friday the 6th of March 2015.
You will be able to choose which 2 nights you would like to stay, subject to availability. Transport to Cape Town and or Grootbos is NOT included in the prize.
Good luck guys xxx
All you have to do to enter is:
1. Like Grootbos Private Nature Reserve’s Facebook page
2. Like Lucky Pony’s Facebook page
3. Like and share the post on Facebook and tag who you would take with you to Grootbos.
4. For another entry you can also leave me a comment here telling me who you would like to take with you and if you Tweet (@miss_luckypony) or blog about this giveaway, I’ll enter you again, but you need to let me know in your comment so I can include your extra entries.