Back in the day when Shane and I were still in the restaurant business. We owned a place called The Good luck Club and on the menu, we had a few dishes that were firm favourites, but there was one that everyone absolutely loved and that was our Crispy Twice Fried Beef With Basil.
People would come from all over the place to have it, which was so awesome and today we thought we would share this really simple recipe for probably one of the tastiest dishes around!
If you haven’t had it before then hopefully I had you at CRISPY haha! Nothing like a bit of crispy!
This is what you’re going to need to make our used-to-be signature Crispy Twice Fried Beef With Basil dish.
INGREDIENTS: This will make enough for 2 people, double it for 4
· 30mls Oyster sauce
· 40mls Sweet chilli sauce
· 1 Tablespoons light soy sauce
· ±400 grams need strips, we used rump but you can use lamb or fillet
· 1 small onion – thinly sliced
· 125 grams string beans or snap peas- sliced
· Loose handful of Basil leaves
· About 3/4 cup flour
· Oil for frying
- In a small jug combine the 3 different sauces and give them a good mix.
- Add a bit of salt to your beef strips and then coat them with 2/3 of the above sauce in a bowl.
- Then coat the beef strips in flour, be sure to shake off any excess. Place them in another bowl.
- Heat your oil in a wok or pot (need enough oil to deep fry the strips and not shallow fry them). Deep fry your strips until golden brown. This will only take a couple of minutes.
- Place the fried strips on a paper towel.
- Clean your wok, add a little oil and fry your onions until soft.
- Then add your string beans and the remaining sauce from earlier. Stir-fry everything until the beans are tender.
- Return the beef strips to the wok and stir-fry until hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in your basil leaves.
- Serve with sticky jasmine rice or rice noodles. You are more than welcome to have any starch you like with it. Enjoy!