Today I’ll be sharing the last recipe in MAIZENA’s ‘Bake Your Festive Gift’ series and it’s also a goodie! If you’re a fan of condensed milk and a cookie that is soft, slightly chewy and sweet then this is the one for you!
These Condensed Milk and Cinnamon Cookies are pretty straightforward to make, but what I thought I’d do for this post is draw little lines across the middle of them and add some shiny ball sprinkles to make them look like strings of fairy lights.
They also make great little gifts if you’re going to someone’s house or want to add a little something sweet to someone’s pressie. What I did is popped some in a jar and then created a half a wreath from string that I twisted around a piece of foliage, which I then tied around the opening of the jar. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
If you missed my previous two posts that make up this series, then just click the links below.
Pretty mini Meringue Wreaths
What you’re going to need:
INGREDIENTS for Condensed Milk and Cinnamon Cookies: Makes ±25 cookies
· 1 1/2 tablespoons MAIZENA Cornflour
· 115 grams unsalted butter, at room temp
· 50 grams white sugar
· 1 tsp Moir’s Vanilla Essence
· 220 grams or about half a tin of condensed milk
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the condensed milk and vanilla essence and mix until smooth.
4. Add the flour, Maizena, salt and cinnamon and beat until a smooth dough is formed.
5. Using your hands take about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place it onto the baking tray and gently press it down. Leave about 2 inches between the cookies because they do spread a little bit. If the dough is a bit sticky just pat the inside of your hands with a bit of flour.
6. Bake at ±12 minutes or until slightly brown. Take them out of the oven and let me them sit for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire wrack.
7. I drew little lines on mine and added a couple of shiny ball sprinkles to make them look like strings of fairy lights. Well, at least in my mind they look like strings of fairy lights haha.