This post is about another recipe that Nicole and I tried out the other day for a Black Coconut and Peanut Butter Nice Cream. If some of you aren’t sure what a nice cream is then I’ll explain, at it’s simplest it’s frozen bananas blended up to make ‘soft serve’. You can then add whatever you’d like to create different flavours. So basically it’s a healthy ice-cream with no preservatives, sugar or dairy and it tastes amazing. Pretty awesome right?
This is the first time I have ever attempted a nice cream and I was really impressed with the consistency and the taste, it was smooth and creamy and apart from having to remember to pop the fruit into the freezer beforehand, it’s a really basic formula to follow. This was also the first time I have ever used activate charcoal, which is what gives this black beauty it’s colour. Activated charcoal has a few beneficial properties, one being trapping toxins and chemicals in the stomach and preventing their absorption. Listen, I felt a bit like Heston Blumenthal when using this fine powder and that together with the use of the fresh coconut shells really gave this nice cream an awesome effect!
Have any of you ever tried a nice cream before? So good!
If you would like to try out a couple of other very cool Vegan recipes that we have attempted, then just click on the links below.
· 2 frozen bananas
· 1/2 cup coconut milk
· 1 tbsp activated charcoal
· 1 tbsp cocoa powder (I use Nomu Cocoa Powder, it’s the best!)
· 2 tbsp peanut butter
· 1 tbsp maple syrup
· 1 tbsp vanilla essence
· 1 whole fresh coconut cut in half. You will use either half as a bowl.
· Figs or any other pretty fruit you’d like to use as a topping.
1. Combine all ingredients together in a blender.
2. Blitz on high until nice and smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a freezer safe container and leave until it hardens.
4. Scoop two balls into a half a coconut shell and decorate with freshly sliced fig and desiccated coconut.