Tag Archives for Jo Morrison
Food, Wine, Design and Presents for meeee.11. November 2013
I went to the Sanlam Food Wine Design Fair in Hyde Park on Thursday night and I treated my eyes and my stomach to some very nice things. This years fair was bigger and and even better than last years and all I can say is that I’m sad that it only happens once a year, would be cool if it was ever few months.
The usual beautiful suspects were there, like Dear Rae and Missibaba, but this year there were also quite a few new design studios (homeware) that had their stuff out on display and some of it was damn nice- love the TWG tea and the Larry King plate below.
I’m hoping a lot of you got to experience the fair firsthand, but for those of you who didn’t, here are a few snapshots I took on the night.
Thanks again Sanlam for having me, I had a great evening and I came home with two very cute things, one for my house and one for meeeee.
I bought this very cool plate for my plate wall, which is coming together so nicely – I will post pictures of it soon.
I also bought myself this very dainty Dear Rae necklace, which I have worn every day since Thursday, her stuff will have that effect of you.
Some shots of the fair…
Levi’s Curve ID finalists – get voting26. August 2013
Ok so the time has come, we have picked the Levi’s Curve ID finalists across all four blogs. Each site has picked 5 finalists who now stand a chance to win a private shopping spree/champagne fest in the Levi’s store in Sandton City, where they will also be allowed to bring a friend who will be given their own spending money (in the form of R2000) for the night.
The girl who gets the most votes here will win R5000 to spend (and could win an additional R10 000 on the night) so you all have to do is have a look at the photos then scroll to the bottom of this post and click on the one you like the most. Super easy. And the entrant with the MOST likes wins, so if I was one of these girl’s friends I would strike a deal with them, if you know what I mean.
Voting closes on the 2nd of September.
*I just want to say thanks to everyone who entered, we got some very cool shots!
1. AMY SCHEEPERS
2. EMMA-JANE HARBOUR
3. NICKI DADIC
4. JO MORRISON
5. ANNA-BELLE MULDER
Levis and Me: Ty Morrison21. August 2013
This is Ty, Ty is the frontman for Cable Stealing Gypsies and a very talented interior designer and he is the next Levi’s and Me participant. Hello Ty, hello…
Last week’s Levis and Me: Jo Morrison
Andrew’s new Levis and Me person is up on his site
Name: Ty Morrison
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? Johannesburg, been home since’84
2.What do you do? I’m an interior designer and the lead singer for Cable Stealing Gypsies.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? Raddest, probably not. The one time I’ll never forget, was falling down the entire embankment at Oppikoppi in a pair. They never tore, classic Levi’s.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? James Dean
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? Can’t really pin that on one person, but i get most my pointers from my other half.
6. Would you rather have a drooling horses mouth as a mouth or a drooling pig’s nose as a nose? I’d rather have superpowers so I never have to pay for drinks at bars.
Levis and Me: Jo Morrison08. August 2013
This week I’m happy to introduce you all to one of my very best friends Jo Morrison. Jo is a talented art director who owns some of the raddest cats on the planet and has the biggest button collection I have ever seen with real eyes. Everyone say hi to Jo…
Last weeks Levis and Me: Tristan Holmes
Andrew has a new post up on his blog too, click here
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? I grew up in the smallest town called Louis Trichardt and Jozi became my home when I moved here at 18.
2.What do you do? I am a freelance Art Director in advertising.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? Bedazzling
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? It wouldn’t be a person. It would be a cat. In a stone washed denim suit and bow tie. What a life.
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? Sir Oliver Geoffrey & Harold john Morrison tell me what not to wear. They are my very furry indoor Persians cats. In example; Don’t wear black because you will look like a mottled big foot with a polyester furr coat, stockings are a no no, your legs will look look like tree stumps and look like scratch pads to the average kitty.
6. Would you rather have jazz hands growing out the top of your head or spaghetti bolognaise for hair? Defs jazz hands – I was born to dance!
Weekend and cats.25. February 2013
This weekend Shane and I went to Dullstroom for our friends combined birthday party. We spent the weekend on a beautiful farm that had the most amazing views, with grass and mountains for days. There were about 24 of us altogether and there were a lot of card games, chops, drinks, potjies, music, chocolate, flings and fun.
Every now and then getting out of the city is the best thing for you. I think it should be done at least once a month. Yes please.
Here are some photos I took on the Saturday night and some photos of the cat themed Toblerone cake I made for the birthday girls and a peak at the clay cats I made as part of Jo’s birthday present. You know how she owns 2 of the sweetest, flattest faced cats around? Well I thought I would immortalise them for her in Daz clay.
They were super fun to make and the best part about it was the smell. The second I opened the foil wrappers it took me straight back to my kinder years. I almost ate a bit of it too.
Here is a picture of the Toblerone chocolate cake I baked. I’m going to do an entirely different post for this guy the next time I bake it, It was a really nice, soft cake and the icing was ‘I’m going to stick my face into the mixing bowl” kind of good.
And finally here are some photos of Olie and Harold, Jo’s cats made out of clay. I slammed the front of the head part on the table to get just the right amount of flatness. I included a photo of the actual Olie and Harold just so you can see how accurate my creations are.
Cool spaces: Jo and Ty’s place24. January 2013
Yesterday I went around to my good friend Jo’s house and snapped some photos of their sweet little flat in Norwood. Here are a few peaks at it, for all the photos check out itswhatiminto…