Back in the day my gran, the lovely lady above, was and still is now a beautiful woman, who always takes so much pride in her appearance. When I was younger I always remember her being so well put together, her hair was always made up and she always had the prettiest jewellery on.
Came across Chiharu Torita’s accessory pin board this afternoon and fell in love with all these pieces that she found and pinned.
The other day I posted up pictures of my gran’s engagement ring and yesterday I made another one just like. They are almost identical, except for the blue plastic and fake metal band, other than those 2 things, identical, I know it’s uncanny right?
My granny was here from Zimbabwe for a few days and I got to spend Saturday morning with her last weekend. She is so lovely and small and kind and awesome. I look at her and I want to cry because every time I see her I hope that it won’t be the last time. I know that is a weird thing to say, but she is 86 years old and she lives so far away from me, so I don’t get to see her often.
I have been seeing a few wish lists around on other people’s blogs, which has made me want one too – a wish list and someone else’s credit card. Here are a few cool things I have seen hanging around the net. Anyone want to throw some digits my way? I promise I will be careful with them.
1. Beautiful paper wreath from Haru Originals
2. These Velour Alex coral red pants. Wow.
3. This Sway Rocking Chair by Markus Krauss. Hello lazy days.
4. I want this amazing laptop bag. It’s like i’m going to school but, but no, but yes.
5. Pie and bar graph chocolate. I can pretend like i’m working while I eat them.
6. Beautiful big diamond ring by Jeanie Andronyk
7. This awesome doormat by KnoticallyInclined. Welcome everyone, please don’t step on my awesome rug.
8. My head needs this Wayfarer pillow case set. It needs it, so it can sleep nice at night.
9.How rad is this tiny small tiny Pocket Square Digital Camera, which takes 6×6 square photo and video footage that looks like Super 8 style movies. So rad.
10. Perks & Mini PAM Finch dress.
Last night Shane and I went out to supper with my granny (pretty lady in the picture below). She is such an amazing woman, she’s 86 and still as sharp as a tac and as young looking as a 65 year old. I was admiring her rings, when she realised that I wasn’t wearing a wedding band, just my engagement ring…. she whipped her eternity ring off that my grandfather gave her over 60 years ago and gave it me. It makes me so happy to wear it and to know that it belonged to my gran and it’s something that means a lot to her and now a lot to me. Thank you yiayia, love you so much xxx