Tag Archives for clothes
Levis and Me: Jess Jorgensen14. June 2013
Here is another face is that is doing some interesting stuff in the JHB, everyone say hello to Jess. She little and sweet and knows how to wear these jeans like no ones business and for that I hate her (insert smily face here).
*Andrew has Justin A.K.A Sweat Face up on his blog today, check him out here.
*Last weeks Levis and Me: Lebogang Rasethaba
Name: Jess Jorgensen
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? Currently Joburg is home, recently moved up from Cape Town. I have the adaption skills of a woodpecker (did you know they have special cushioning in their brains, so they can hammer away and not end up braindead – how rad?) so I’ve moved a lot between SA and Europe. It’s cool getting to know a city intimately.
2. What do you do? Explore, cycle, listen, observe…with risk of sounding like a slashie, on top of the IG work I produce things like short documentaries and music videos for West African hiphop artists (sometimes the odd freebie for a local band). Also designer and daughter of my dad’s craft spirits business, Jorgensen’s Distillery.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? I’m in jeans nearly every day and do rad things nearly every day so this is hard. I dunno – maybe break into some broken building for exploratory purposes? I’ve cried real tears and literally fallen over watching some of my favourite bands live. Also we climbed to the base of the 2nd highest peak in the Himalayas – 5200m, freezing and hectic, we nearly died in a cyclone, and I was in jeans and a trusty pair of Chuck Taylors. True story.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Sophia Coppola (to learn how she runs the world). For fun and because they’re just the coolest chicks ever: Patti Smith, Karen O or Alison Mosshart. Or all 3.
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? Comfort, and lack of gratuitous colour.
6. Would you rather have paws for feet or live completely normal for 80% of your life but randomly morph into a cat for the other 20%? Paws would be rad for quietly sneaking up on people and giving them a fright, but imagine living a life of 20% pure absolute luxury, pampering and ear scratches?! I prefer dogs, but cats are totally the boss.
Levis and Me: Lebogang Rasethaba05. June 2013
Everyone say hello to the the very talented Lebo, the next face to be a part of our Levis and Me project.
Andrew will have a new Levis and Me post up a little later today, check it out here…
Last weeks Levis and Me: Robin Rossi
Name: Lebogang Rasethaba
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? I live in Johannesburg now but since last year april this is my first time since i was 14 where i’ve lived here on a semi-permanent basis.
2.What do you do? I make films.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? I made a film.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? It would have be someone who has the same body structure as me, so maybe Felix la Band ? And if he isn’t available on that day then maybe Beyonce.
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? Not over thinking it. Just waking up and wearing the cleanest and closest thing . the moment i start second guessing or trying new shit out things usually get a bit crazy .
6. Would you rather have a head the size of a watermelon or a butt the size of a small cow? I already have a head the size of a watermelon so in the spirit of growing and trying new things im gonna go with the cow butt.
Levis and Me: Robin Rossi29. May 2013
It’s Levis and Me time again and I would like to introduce you all to Robin. Hello Robin, hello.
Last weeks Levis and Me: Candice Traube
Andrew has the sweet Miss Daleah up on his site today, check her out here.
Name: Robin Rossi
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? I find myself living in Pretoria at this exact moment. Truthfully. I’ve never lived anywhere else.
2.What do you do? I am a designer although I’m a professional bear wrangler at heart. #danger
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? Wrangled a whole cuddle of bears. Although half way through, the pants had to come off.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Nic Slaughter from Tropical Heat. Shooting guns in man-hot-pants has got to be pretty darn rad!
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? Jamie Hince. The Kills. Enough said.
6. Would you rather have an insect in place of a tongue that broke down all your food before you swallowed or have to live solely on deep fried insects for the rest of your life? If the insect was a lady bug. Then I’d go for option “A”. If not. I chose life.
Jane Sews online23. May 2013
My friend Amy has finally got her Jane Sews online store up and running and it’s full of wonderfully pretty things for you to buy. Amy has also become one of my sponsors, which I’m super happy about.
Here are some photos of her latest collection which is all available online. So happy viewing and shopping and welcome Amy to Lucky Pony.
Levis and Me: Candice Traube22. May 2013
This is Miss Candice Traube and she is the next lovely lass to be featured in our Levis and Me project. She is wearing one of the coolest leather jackets I’ve seen in a while, it has suede shoulder patches and everything. WANT.
Candice is a producer who lives in Johannesburg and who wouldn’t mind a 3rd hand growing out her head.
*Last weeks Levis and Me: Daniela Riquelme Morales
*Leigh Harrington Reilly is up on Andrews site, check her out.
Name: Candice Traube
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? Johannesburg- for the past 2/3 years.. Cape Town and Benoni before that. Yes, Benoni, it’s really not that bad.
2.What do you do? I’m a Producer- I’ve dabbled from reality tv, to agency tv production.. and most recently to stills production for some amazing photographers.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? A recent rad ‘jeans-specific’ memory would definitely be riding along the beach path from Venice Beach to Santa Monica pier on cruiser bikes in December. That place is a total visual feast, from the old Dogtown culture that lingers to the crazy homeless people spaced out on LSD.. I was a gaping tommy tourist and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Debbie Harry, circa 1980′s. She has to be one of my favourites – and who wouldn’t want to fit in her jeans with an ass like that?
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? In all honesty nothing really influences me too much. Style blogs and all those lookbooks have all started to look the same to me. Plus I’m too lazy to follow them properly. I figure- if you see something you like, take it. Simple as that.
6. Would you rather have all Bill Gates money but have a face that looks like a squashed tortoise or all Bill Gates money and an extra hand growing out the top of your head that likes to wave at everyone? I’d take the latter. That way I could use my third hand to give a lot of the money away to people who really need it ‘coz there’d be more than plenty to go around. Plus you’d be a do-gooder.. and everyone would LOVE your weird cash-throwing head hand.
Levis and Me: Daniela Riquelme Morales15. May 2013
Spot number 12 in our Levis and Me project belongs to one Miss Daniela Riquelme Morales who is, as she puts it, a modern day pirate, which I think sounds like a pretty cool job. We shot her in this pretty Levis Nancy Dress and then asked her a few questions about herself…
Last weeks Levis and Me: Sophie Abendanon
Andrew also has a new post on his site about a girl named Candace.
Name: Daniela Riquelme Morales
Job: Cruise Ship Worker (modern day pirate)
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? When im not living in a tin can floating on the ocean, I live in The City of Gold, although I’ve yet to find any.
2. What do you do? When im not styling the hair of rich, old folk sailing around the world for 9 months of the year, I spend my days watching Friends and Cake Boss, eating biltong, heaving in public places and impersonating Pocahontas.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? I joined my first ship in Darwin, Australia, I was sweating profusely, I was wearing jeans, I knew that this would be the start of a FAB, new adventure.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Like EVERY sane, warm-blooded female, I would want nothing more than to reside in the front pocket of Harry Potter’s jeans, and never leave! Not only would i finally get into Hogwarts but I’d also get to find out if those “Equus” rumours were true.
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? My ‘style’ is influenced by the three most fashionable people in the world: Joan Rivers and Ellen Degeneres and Desmond Tutu.
6. would you rather always smell like a bacon and cheese burger that has been left in the sun for too long or 3 month old fish fingers? Real mature guys, everyone knows that those two things smell exactly the same.