Ok so we are 1 day late with the next instalment in our Levis and Me project, Andrew was on a plane but he’s back now and here is my next face – Roger Sivuyile Lupuwana. Roger is young and sweet and one of the nicest people I know. He is currently studying to become a creative TV/movie show maker he is also a waiter at The Good Luck Club in-between studying, so if you find him bringing you a twice fried beef you can give him a hello and a high-5.
Name: Roger Sivuyile Lupuwana
Job: The Good Luck Club, DJ, student
1. What city do you live in, and how long have you called it home? I was born in East London and now I live in Johannesburg, Ive called it home for about 7 years now.
2.What do you do? Im in my 3rd year of studying film at the University of Johannesburg, I also DJ with my best friend, Im currently working on a film called Carewood and I occasionally trash talk South African ‘celebrities’ on a show called 10 Over 10 on Vuzu… and I grow a moustache.
3. What is one of the raddest things you have done wearing a pair of jeans? Jump off a waterfall into a river at Hogsback in the Eastern Cape.
4. If you could live in someone else’s ‘jeans’ for a day who would that person be? Probably Pharrel Williams or Lady Gaga.
5. What is the one thing/person that influences your style the most? The streets, urban Johannesburg, Dexy’s Midnight Runners, music, indie culture if thats real. A bunch of stuff.
6. Would you rather the bottom half of your body constantly be river dancing or the top of half of your body forever be in mid-macarena? Oh. Definately the top half doing the Macarena (duh!)
*Andrew has Hannah Shone on his site today and she has a really nice pair of grey ombres on, so click here to meet her and her new denims.