Last night I tried out this M&M, chocolate chip, peacan nut cookie recipe. The cookies came out chewy, soft, chocolately and super delicious. I had to stop myself from eating a fourth one because I knew my body was about to go into sugar overload and bitch slap my insides.
These were easy to make and even easier to eat. Hope some of you try them out… Thanks Stephanie for the recipe and the good times I had by myself taste testing the bejeezers out of these.
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 170grams of salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add 1/2 cup of M&Ms, 1/2 cup peacan nuts (chopped), 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Melt and cool butter, then set aside (I melted the butter in the microwave and then stuck it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes until it was cool).
3. In a bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together. In a separate bowl, combine the butter and sugars with a whisk. Then add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla and mix everything together.
4. Slowly add the flour and baking soda mixture to the bowl until a dough forms. (This is when I moved from using a whisk to a baking spatula).
5. Fold in the M&Ms/nuts and choc chips
6. Stick the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
7. Take the dough out, then using a tablespoon, spoon out two tablespoons of dough and roll it into one ball. Take the ball and rip the dough in half. Place the ripped side down on the cookie sheet, and then take the second half and squish it (ripped side up) on the first half. Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
8. Bake for 12-16 minutes or until edges are starting to get slightly brown.